What makes OOC special?
· The rights, needs and outcomes of children and young people are paramount in our work. This will always be a guiding principle in any projects undertaken
· We believe policy and practice for children’s services should be firmly based on reliable and tested evidence
· We believe that knowledge and Best Practice should be shared with across children’s social care through connected learning communities
· We view the different forms of placement i.e. adoption, foster and residential care as a continuum with each viewed equally
· We believe in the mixed economy of social care, but one that operates with transparency